The Bright Horizons Experience in a Campus Environment
Bright Horizons has more than 30 higher education clients who have sponsored child care and early education centers. The experience with university partners has provided important insights into the dynamics of university communities. These insights, combined with the wealth of resources that comes with being the industry leader in employer-sponsored child care, enables the development and management of customized, high quality, responsive university-sponsored programs.
Services provided to institutions of higher education include full-time and part-time/flexible care, back-up child care, and at-home sick child care.
Washington University Family Learning Center
The center is located on the North Campus at the corner of Skinker Boulevard and Rosedale Avenue, with easy access to the Delmar MetroLink station. The University owns the center and maintains the building and grounds, but the center is managed by Bright Horizons Family Solutions.
- Fully accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Center Capacity:163 children – six weeks to six years of age
- 24 Infants
- 31 Toddlers
- 108 Preschool/Kindergarten Prep
- Center Hours:
- 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Maintains the same 10-day holiday schedule as Washington University
- Closed two additional days for professional development
- Included among the Back-Up Care Advantage center-based care options